With decades of experience in building new homes in Marco Island, Florida and surrounding areas, we have refined our process to make building your new home as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Before construction of your new Florida home can begin, we have several important tasks to accomplish that involve outside people and entities. For example:
- Structural changes you decided to make to the plans may necessitate revision of engineering for the home. This must be completed prior to applying for a building permit and can take from several days to several weeks.
- Residential construction requires that we obtain a building permit. The process varies and can take a few days to many weeks depending on the volume of applications being processed by the building department. This volume varies from month to month.
- The time of year may affect the start date because of the weather conditions. Many buyers appreciate the opportunity to tour their home just after the rough mechanical stage, before insulation. The rooms have begun to take shape but the inner workings are still visible. This is an opportunity for you to see the quality that goes inside the walls of your home.
The meeting gives all of us an opportunity to confirm that we are correctly installing the options you ordered or approved changes you requested. We will happily change any detail no matter how big or small so that you are guaranteed that your vision becomes reality. We will also update you on the target delivery date during the frame tour.
Upon completion of your home, there will be a Homeowner Orientation to introduce you to your new home and its many features. We follow a preplanned agenda and a set route through the home to assure that we cover everything. Our homeowner orientation provides you with the following:
- Demonstration of your new home.
- Review of key points about maintenance and limited warranty coverage.
- Confirmation that Oakbrook Custom Homes installed selections and options as you ordered them.
- Our entire team shares a passion for client satisfaction, and we mean satisfaction for life. Your new home can be covered by a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty protecting against structural defects for 10 years, and we remain available to you for as long as you inhabit your home. We will give you advice and discuss any topic about your home, including warranty issues.
Our goal is to not only build your home, but also build a lasting relationship to guarantee a Satisfied Customer.